I'm a full-stack developer with a passion for the front-end web development and typed, functional programming.
Logo Database and Scraper
Objective: Scrape company logo images from WikiData (RDF-formatted Wikipedia data) and present them in a friendly, searchable web app.
This project was created as a proof-of-concept in about a week.
- Scraper (written in PureScript) makes SPARQL queries to the WikiData service
- Downloaded data is processed and stored in PostgreSQL
- Elm web interface retrieves data via GraphQL and presents a searchable grid of logos
Pellucid Analytics Application
Objective: Make en e-commerce experience for customers wishing to purchase digital charts analyzing financial data.
- Admin tooling uses Doom and Lies (similar to React/Redux)
- The back-end manages products, user data, and much more
- Cell content is rendered lazily to improve performance
- Content is removed from the DOM when scrolled out of view, to support gigantic tables of data
- The component manages an internal state using Lies (conceptually similar to Redux)
- It responds to streaming events from the UI
- Suggestions are matched asynchronously